Duration: 13 week contract
Shift: Days – Monday – Friday
One of Ohio’s largest correctional systems is seeking a skilled and compassionate Mental Health Speacialist. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience while making a difference in the community of Youngstown, Ohio.
What You'll be Doing:
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a review of available records, and clinical interviews with inmates.
- As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical staff, e.g., psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health service provider's physicians, nurse, and social workers, in order to gather and provide information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure treatment activities are well integrated and patient care follow-through occurs.
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health care record for each person seen.
- Consults with and makes appropriate recommendations to multidisciplinary staff (e.g., security staff, unit staff, and facility management) regards behavior and mental health issues affecting inmates.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and information at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in social or behavioral science or a closely related field required.
- One year experience where the primary responsibility was provision of mental health or counseling services.
- Additional related work experience that includes direct provision of counseling services or training for same may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by contract or applicable statute.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
We are Interviewing Now!