Duration: 13 week contract
Shift: Days – Monday – Friday
One of Ohio’s largest correctional systems is seeking a skilled and compassionate Mental Health Coordinator. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience while making a difference in the community of Shelby, MT.
What You'll be Doing:
Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a review of available records and clinical interviews with inmates.
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health care record for each person seen.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and information at all times.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and crisis interventions to address the needs of inmates.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or a degree in a related clinical area.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience which includes two (2) years in a comparable job position required.
- Must possess appropriate LPC, LCSW or LMFT certification or licensing in the state where practice occurs.
- A valid driver's license is preferred unless required by contract or applicable statute.
We are Interviewing Now!